Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Christmas in October

Well, this week has been pretty slow, but we’ve kept busy cooking meals and keeping the houses clean. We got a new skillet this week! Rachel’s parents sent a brand-new grande sized non-stick skillet. It was the most amazing thing ever! We just stood there stirring the potatoes around and watching in amazement because we didn’t have to use all of our strength to scrape the potatoes off the bottom of the skillet. Non-stick skillets are one of my favorite things right now. I also got two packages from home this week! It was pretty much like Christmas. I think the muffin mixes and the cute little pink box my mom sent me were my favorite things.  It’s so much fun to get boxes! I also got a few letters, and I love those so much! It makes you feel more connected with people back home. The rainy season as now begun here in our part of Peru. That’s a lot of fun. Lol. The first big storm gave our kitchen a good drench because the rain came in through the windows, so the second time wet nailed an old plastic table cloth to the windows to prevent water from coming in. The manual labor team has been working hard this week to put up a house for the cows because we will have some baby cows here soon that will need a place to stay away from the dogs.There also building a little house for hammocks, that will be a fun place to hangout for sure!  Have a good week and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment