Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Valentine´s Day!

Blog February 14, 2011
Happy Valentine’s Day! All in all, not really that spectacular of a day, but here Valentine’s Day is also known as Dia de Amistad, Friendship Day. So, if you don’t have a significant other, it is a day to celebrate your friendships. I must admit that today I had an excess of chocolate and I watched the chick flick of all chick flicks, “The Notebook”. It’s been raining pretty hard every night here since Saturday night, which results in us not having very many patients because the roads can be almost impassable if you get enough rain. Our home right now at km 8 has turned itself into a lake, and that makes for very interesting trips to the bathroom which sits at the back of our property. It is a true test of balance and your ability to jump over the raging creeks, in the dark. I’ve managed not to fall yet, but the day is coming, I just know it! The good thing about the rain is that it keeps things a lot cooler around here. It just makes it more difficult to travel. I only had one patient today for dental. A cute little man who needed one tooth and four roots pulled out. By the time I was done he didn’t have much more in his mouth. Sometime this week we are supposed to have a birth with a 15 year-old girl who is having her first baby. I’m a little nervous about it because she is so young, but the sonogram she brought us looks really good. That’s all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment