Sunday, November 28, 2010

21st Birthday!

Today was my 21st birthday.  I’ve been anxiously awaiting it all week because I got two packages from my family for my birthday that I had to wait to open. I love surprises, but I’m horrible at waiting for them! So, the first thing I did when I woke up was to open the packages that they sent me. My parents sent me a “party box” that had noisemakers, a party balloon tablecloth, napkins that said “Happy 21st”, and matching plates, and also cupcake mix with Hershey’s flavored frosting!!! That was the best frosting I have ever had. Lol. Tonight, I got banned to my room for a couple of hours while they set up the other house for my birthday dinner. So, I watched a movie and got all prettied up with the new hair things my mom sent me and the eyeliner and mascara thought I bought here in Peru. Then, right before the party I got to talk to my little brother and my mom and my grandparents!! I got a little teary when talking to them, but it was good, and I hadn’t talked to my grandparents since I left last August, so that was very exciting. Then, Rachel came and got me and blindfolded me for the walk to the other house. While were walking I could hear the noisemakers blowing in the other house and then Daniel came up behind me as a was walking blindfolded and blew one of the horns in my ear. Scared me to death! I had no idea he was there! Lol. Anyway, I got to the party and everyone started singing “Happy Birthday”, and then after that Daniel, Alfonso and Elias had three more birthday songs in Spanish to sing to me. It was so funny, because they thought that the noisemakers were the greatest things, and continued blowing them for a good twenty minutes. Lol. The girls had gone full out on the meal, and made tortillas with all of the toppings, but while we were eating the boys kept singing “Quieremos comer la torta, quieremos comer la torta” to the tune of “For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow”. Which means “We want to eat the cake”. Hehe. Fortunately, I made it through the night without getting a egg smashed on my head.  Guess they forgot about that little tradition for one night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment